This past Sunday I spoke about prayer. This was a continuation of our series, Back to Basics. In this message I talk about the importance of remember, when we pray, WHO we are praying to. I covered many of the names of God. Here is the list of names of God that I mentioned during that message.
- Adonai - The Lord
- Elohim - The All-powerful One, Creator
- El Roi - The God
- El Shaddai - The all sufficient One, God Almighty
- Immanuel - God with us
- Jehovah - The One who is
- I AM
- Jehovah Rapha - The Lord who heals
- Jehovah Rohi - The Lord is my Shepherd
- Messiah - The anointed One
- Wonderful Counselor
- Everlasting Father
- Prince of Peace
- Abba - Father, Daddy
- El Elyon - God most high
- Jehovah Jirah - The Lord will provide
- Jehovah Nissi - The Lord my banner
- Jehovah Shalom - The Lord is peace
- Father to the fatherless
- The Great physician
These are just some of the many different names used, throughout the Bible, to describe God.
Some would ask why we have so many different names to describe ONE God. These many different names reflect our attempt to understand and describe an infinite God with our finite mind.
These many different names for God describe SOME of who He is. But remember, that He is even more than this.
Click this link to view this entire service.